"We will never forget our new extended family, "said 3-year old Artur’s mother as they departed for home after his very difficult but successful heart surgery in America.
Operation CHILD CARDI©-CARE
SUPPORTING A CHILD’S SURGERY IN
· Coordinating case evaluation, visa, transportation, host family, translator, etc.
· Welcoming mother and child at airport
· Hospital and home visitations
· Translation at hospital (i.e. admission, medical authorization for surgery, day of catherization, during surgery and post-operative appointments)
· Translation for non-Ukrainian host families
· Hosting mother and child before and after surgery, when necessary
· Transportation to Ukrainian worship services, hospital, etc., when requested
· Laundry service for mother while in hospital with child, if needed
· Providing support supplies/activities, i.e. dictionaries, toys/games, Ukrainian books/videos, embroidery, crocheting or knitting for attending parent; toiletries and clothes as needed
· Shopping and even some sightseeing
· Confirming return flights and being at airport for departure
· Translation of correspondence from family after return to Ukraine
For more information about OpCCCareUS, read 3-year old Artur’s story in Press Releases.
To make a
donation to support surgeries in
Since 1997, over 90 children from